Thursday, May 15, 2008

Well, folks, here we are just a few short days before our little boy's due date and we found out today that he is in no hurry to make his arrival. Apparently, my cervix is still long and closed. Isn't that encouraging?! I know that God will send Parrish on his way in His perfect timing. I was a little discouraged when we left the doctor's office. I was hoping to hear some good news today. I am at 39 weeks. I can't believe it has already been that long. The doctor talked to us today about inducing labor. He said that he would not even consider sending me in for the ripening process until I am past 40 weeks, which is next Wednesday. Please be in prayer for us because this is a lot to take in...I am an emotional girl right now! ;o) The doctor wants us to talk about possibly inducing the week of Memorial Day...if I have made no progress by next Friday. So, Parrish will arrive either on his on terms or with the prompting of medication....I would prefer to go into labor on my own, but I don't want to put our little man in any jeopardy by going too far past the due date. The doctor described it perfectly today...he said that the placenta is like a human body, it is designed to live only 40 weeks. Once you pass the mark, the blood vessel can be jeopardize, thus could harm the baby. He said it is just like an 80 year body experiencing plaque in the artaries...leading them to experience a stroke or heart attack. All of this is probably WAY more than you cared to know....just had to write it all out and let it sink in some more...

Hopefully I will have more positive news later...

Until then...

3 comments:

Mommy Moseley said...

I'm praying for you Jaime. My doctor will let you go as long as 42 weeks. He induced me at 41 weeks though. My baby was totally healthy, but he did way a whopping 10 pounds! I remember being so discouraged when my due date came and went but everything worked out great in the end. Can't wait to see some pictures of your little one!

Jane said...

Hey Jaime! I'll definitely be praying for you and Blanton as y'all prepare for Parrish's arrival. Our family is in the process of planning for a new arrival later in the summer. My brother and his wife are pregnant with a little girl, Madeline. I just finished painting eight canvases with the letters from her name and lots of polka dots. Just keep taking good care of Parrish and he'll arrive right on time...His time (and I am not talking about Parrish!) Hang in there!

Jeff, Abbey, and Reed Land said...

I can't believe I am going to be a "faux" uncle soon! I am so ready to see that baby! Come on, Parrish, you can do it! There's a great big world waiting on you and your "faux" cousin Reed!