Saturday, May 10, 2008

We've Only Just Begun


Well, I am going to really try my hand at blogging. I do hope our families and friends will appreciate this attempt to keep in touch with our every changing lives! ;o)

So much has happened recently, it is all a bit overwhelming. We are expecting our first child and son, Parrish Blanton Feaster, on May 21! It seems like it will N E V E R happen! Hopefully by my appointment next week, there will be some progress. I guess Parrish just likes his current home and isn't too hip on exploring the outside world just yet. Please be in prayer for us as the day draws closer to us meeting our son for the first time. Life will take on a whole other meaning!

On the husband homefront, Blanton received some wonderful news this month! He will begin the Ph.D program at Dallas Baptist University this summer in July! He has worked many long months on the application process and the testing. There were over 420 people that applied for the program, 50 of them were selected to interview with the committee, and only 25 were invited to join the 2008 Cohort! I am soooo proud of my husband! I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for our lives over the next few years! Please be in prayer for him as he begins this journey. I know it will be hard for him to be away from Parrish when he just a few months old. Pray that he posses the concentration needed during this intense week of school.

Not much has changed in my world...yet. I am still working in the Senior Living Industry and LOVE it! This is my ministry and what a blessing it is to be able to be a part of so many lives. Hopefully after maternity leave is complete, I will actually be in Wichita Falls full-time! I have been traveling for two years between Wichita Falls and Vernon. I have loved the relationships built in Vernon, but I am ready to be in one place! My focus has been divided between two buildings. God has really blessed us during this time, and I pray His continued blessings on being full-time in one building. Please pray that they will find someone to market Vernon. Mamie is a wonderful God-fearing woman, and anyone would be blessed to work for her. I am going to miss her! Please also pray for me as I return to work...I know that leaving little Parrish with Granny Nora is a blessing from the Lord. I just know I will need the strength that only He can give to do it and go back to work with no worries!

We are sure praying that Rosie accepts little Parrish with a waggin' tail. We had a sono two weeks ago and the tech suggested that we bring a blanket to the hospital with us, wrap it around Parrish and then have someone bring it home to Rosie. Hope that works! It is the best idea I have heard so far....After all, Rosie has been our one and only baby for over two years!

I guess that's it for now! I do hope that I can keep this up and post pics regularly of our family and the changes in Parrish once he arrives!

Until next time...



2 comments:

Jeff, Abbey, and Reed Land said...

Yeah! We're so glad you all finally jumped on the bloggin' wagon!

Andrea said...

I m iss you guys so much and can't wait to hear that you and Parrish are healthy and happy! I know PB is thrilled to death!
Congrats to Blanton on his accomplishments. He deseves everything wonderful that happens to him.
Love you both and hope to see you soon. Love, Andrea