Sunday, June 1, 2008

Parrish Blanton Feaster DOB 5/29/08












Parrish Blanton Feaster made his arrival into this world on Thursday, May 29, 2008 at 6:09 pm. He weighed 6 lbs 15 oz and was 20 inches long.

We went to see Dr. Godfrey at 9 am on Wednesday morning and I was finally making small progress. I was dialated to a "tight" one as he called it...he really still wanted me to be hopsitalized for the ripening and induction. I arrived at the hospital on Wednesday night at 5 pm. They inserted the cervix softner and I began having contractions at 6:30 pm. Those contractions were about 2 mins apart for most of the night lasting about a min each. I wasn't able to eat or drink anything after the contractions began and was only able to get out of bed to use the restroom.

On Thursday morning, the doctor came by and saw me around 9 am. I was still dialated to a one possibly a two...My heart was broken because of all the laboring through the night, I thought for sure I had DONE SOMETHING! ;o) He broke my water after the examine and told me that I would not be able to get out of bed until Parrish decided to arrive. He projected that by noon I would be dialted to a three and then should progress on dialation per hour after that....He said he would guess that the baby would come between 5 pm and 8 pm. He also thought that Parrish would weigh about 8 1/2 to 9 pounds! YIKES! Blanton was an absolute jewel during the labor. What a wonderful husband God blessed me with!

After being in hard labor for the next few hours, I was finally dialated to a three around noon and was able to get my epidural! Thank the Lord for that medicine! I was a totally different person when I was able to have the injection and drip. Parrish didn't respond to the up in pitossin very well. His heart was under stress every time I had a contraction and would recover shortly after it was over. But they were concerned about him. They put me on O2 around four and I was on it until Parrish arrived.

The doc came in around 5:30 pm checked me and told me that I had a done a good job during the day but that the baby and I were both extremely tired. He said that it took me 4 1/2 hours to dialate to a 5 and he didn't want us to go through 4 more hours to get to a 10! I was never soooo thankful to hear the word C-Section!

I went into the OR at 6 pm and baby Parrish was born at 6:09 pm. Both Blanton and my mom were able to be in the OR with me. Blanton was able to stand up and see the doc pull Parrish out into the world. He words were "look at all those boy parts" and he pulled Parrish out! I was so tired that I am not remembering a ton of what happened, but hearing him cry for the first time was the sweetest moment.

Blanton was able to watch them check him out and then my sweet husband walked our baby over to me and got his knees so I could kiss that sweet face I have longed to see for nine months. Mom and Blanton then went to the nursery and I had to stay behind to be stapled up and sent to recovery.

Friday morning, was surreal as I woke up with my dear little baby in the room with me. Of course, Thursday night was amazing holding him and feeding him, but I was still full of meds and don't really remember everything that well.

I had to stay in the hospital until today. Blanton came and took us home after church this morning. He was so excited to show everyone a pic of Parrish. He told everyone that he had a new name, "Daddy!"

We got home around 2:30 pm. Rosie was so cute with the baby. I will make sure we put lots of pics up for you to look at... I need to go feed the baby and will post pics soon!

Love you all and thanks for your prayers!

7 comments:

Jeff, Abbey, and Reed Land said...

We're so excited! We want to meet him, soon!

Becky Whitworth said...

Awesome! He is absolutely beautiful! Congrats to all of you! We can't wait to see him; we will be out there in August. Love you all!

Jane said...

What a good looking little guy. Again, congratulations!

Pam said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh he is so beautiful. You did GOOD girl !!! I an so anxious to hold him & hug his parents.

Kent & Karla said...

Congratulations! Keep up the blog - it's great! Love you guys!

Mark & Amanda said...

Oh, congratulations! I'm so excited for you. Parrish is absolutely beautiful!

christy honea said...

Jaime Parrish Feaster!!! OMG i finally found you... it's christy - your old DBU roomie... i hope you are doing well, your baby boy is lovely! email me sometime - christy@pixelruum.com -- are you on facebook? i would love to catch up!