Thursday, July 10, 2008

Ode to the Show Me State



The first plane Parrish flew on!!
Parrish on the plane above...it was bumpy sorry for the blur!

Parrish took at trip over July 4th to surprise his Grand Mums for her 50th birthday which is later this month! He did such a wonderful job on the airplane...I am not gonna lie...I was terrified to fly with him for the first time...I had no idea how he would react to the pressure! I love flying, so I was relaxed, which helped the little guy! He only cried twice on our journey through four take offs and landings...and that was only because he needed a little din-din! ;o)

Grand Mums and Grandma Gretta getting ready for dinner on July 4th!

Grand Mums was totally surprised to see Nat, David, Blanton, Parrish and me arrive on her door step at midnight on Thursday night! We really thought we had ruined the surprise because when they stayed the week with us, Blanton had his calendar out and it was highlighted and written in bold letters! But thank goodness she really didn't know!

Daddy and Parrish on July 4th


Aunt Nat and Parrish July 4th

The Famous B Dawg!
We had so much fun...it was great spending time with Grand-Dad Rick, Grand Mums, Big Heather, Little Heather and Grandma Gretta (Rick's Mom). We also met Rick's sister and her husband. On Saturday, we took at tour of Columbia...It is really beautiful there. We will definitely have to travel again soon...
Parrish during some of Grand-Dad Rick's driving!


Uncle Dave penned this song to the tune of "I'm Proud to be an American" when we went through security at the St. Louis Airport...it is hilarious! ENJOY!


And I'm proud to be an American
Where I know I'll have to strip
Just before I board the Plane
To go on my family trip

And I gladly stand up
And watch the wand beep up and down my leg
Cause there is no doubt, I have no chance
Please give me back my pants!

Momma and Parrish at the DFW airport for our two hour lay over!

1 comment:

mjm said...

Glad y'all had a good 4th of July. Parrish is getting so big. It's amazing how fast they change at this age.